Newcastle defender Mike Williamson extends Wolves loan
Newcastle defender Mike Williamson has had his loan spell at Championship side Wolves extended until January.
Williamson joined Wolves on an initial one-month loan deal in October but will now stay until Jan. 16.
The 32-year-old has so far played three times for Kenny Jackett's side, during which the club have conceded just one goal and picked up four points.
Wolves boss Jackett told the club's website: "We are delighted that the deal has been extended and that Mike will be with us through a very busy December and Christmas period.
"Mike will give us some real competition and allow us to take our time with players coming back.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Bell: Liverpool fans make themselves heard
- Cox: Leicester improving | Why Poch should stay
- Okwonga: Man United's market | City's title hopes
- Laurens: PSG's pre-UCL issues | Hertha's curse
- Highlights (U.S. only): Stuttgart 1-3 BVB
- FC TV: Champions League W2W4 | LVG wrong
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
"He has brought a lot of experience and physical presence to the back four and to the club and has helped the players around him at a time when we have had a number of injuries to centre backs."
Prior to the switch to Wolves, Williamson had played just two games for Newcastle this season, both times in the Capital One Cup.