Athletic Bilbao hoping to double Inaki Williams' buy-out clause
Athletic Bilbao are set to offer Inaki Williams a new deal which will give the forward a significant pay rise and double his buy-out clause, according to AS.
Williams, 21, whose current contract is due to expire in June 2017, is reported to have attracted interest from several Premier League clubs, with Everton said to have scouted the player.
THE BEST OF ESPN FC
- Bell: Liverpool fans make themselves heard
- Cox: Leicester improving | Why Poch should stay
- Okwonga: Man United's market | City's title hopes
- Laurens: PSG's pre-UCL issues | Hertha's curse
- Highlights (U.S. only): Stuttgart 1-3 BVB
- FC TV: Champions League W2W4 | LVG wrong
- News | Transfer | Toe Poke | Fantasy | FC TV | Podcast | MLS
In an attempt to fend off such attention, Athletic want to double the Spain under-21 international's buy-out clause of €20 million to €40m by offering him a new deal, which would also see his wages rise substantially.
AS reports that negotiations are still at an early stage with a player that says he is relaxed about the situation.
"It will all be resolved soon," Williams told El Larguero. "My agent has told me to stay calm, he manages that side of things and I'm happy."