Arsenal's Wellington Silva to sign for Bolton on season-long loan - sources
Arsenal winger Wellington Silva has signed a new deal at the club and gone on loan to Bolton Wanderers, sources have told ESPN FC.
Sources told ESPN FC last month Arsenal were preparing to send Wellington out on loan to an English club this season once they tied him down to a new deal.
Arsenal have now finalised his contract extension with his previous deal due to expire in 2016 and manager Arsene Wenger feels he would be best served by going out on loan so that he can adapt to English football.
- Atletico sell Jackson Martinez to Chinese club for €42m
- How your Premier League side did in the transfer window
- Prem spending hits £1bn | Imbula joins Stoke for £18.3m
- Bayern loan Tasci | Doumbia to Newcastle | Sanogo loan
- Anderlecht sign Buttner | Perotti to Roma | Eder to Lille
- Fletcher to Marseille | Van Ginkel get PSV | Powell loan
- Fer to Swansea | Fazio rejoins Sevilla | Jones, N.E. talks?
- FC TV: Not sure Teixeira's worth the money | Paul Pogba
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
A number of clubs have shown an interest in Wellington, but Bolton have moved quickly to agree a deal for the highly rated Brazilian.
Wellington has spent the last five seasons on loan in Spain -- at Levante, Alcoyano, Ponferradina, Murcia and Almeria -- after not being not granted a work permit following his arrival at the club from Fluminese in 2011.
However, despite having not made his debut for the Gunners, the Brazilian was granted his work permit in April having been given Spanish citizenship, clearing the way for him to finally play in England.
Wellington, who is set to join Bolton on a season-long loan deal, is expected to go straight into the Bolton squad for Tuesday's clash with MK Dons.