Alexandre Lacazette signs new contract with Lyon through to 2019
Arsenal and Manchester United target Alexandre Lacazette has committed his future to Lyon for another year.
The 24-year-old forward, who scored 27 Ligue 1 goals and 31 in total for Les Gones in the 2014-15 season, has extended his contract at Stade Gerland until 2019.
The surprise announcement was made during the official presentation of former United defender Rafael, with Lacazette saying: "I am very happy and proud to prolong my deal.
"Now the gossiping can stop... but I hope people are able to keep talking about me because I'm scoring goals and Lyon are winning things.''
- Atletico sell Jackson Martinez to Chinese club for €42m
- How your Premier League side did in the transfer window
- Prem spending hits £1bn | Imbula joins Stoke for £18.3m
- Bayern loan Tasci | Doumbia to Newcastle | Sanogo loan
- Anderlecht sign Buttner | Perotti to Roma | Eder to Lille
- Fletcher to Marseille | Van Ginkel get PSV | Powell loan
- Fer to Swansea | Fazio rejoins Sevilla | Jones, N.E. talks?
- FC TV: Not sure Teixeira's worth the money | Paul Pogba
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
He then turned his attention to new teammate Rafael, the Brazilian who this week signed a four-year contract after seven years in Manchester.
"Everybody is really happy that Rafael is here. He is a modern full-back, quick and technically gifted,'' added Lacazette.
Lyon, whose league campaign begins against Lorient on Sunday, finished as runners-up to Paris Saint-Germain last season.