Yann M'Vila signs for Sunderland on loan from Rubin Kazan
Yann M'Vila has signed for Sunderland on a season-long loan from Russian club Rubin Kazan.
M'Vila, 25, spent last season on loan at Serie A side Inter Milan, making eight league appearances.
The France midfielder becomes Sunderland manager Dick Advocaat's fifth signing of the summer, with the club having an option to make the deal permanent at the end of the campaign.
M'Vila said on his new club's official website: "I'm very happy to be a Sunderland player. I had a very good feeling training with the team; every player welcomed me and the feeling was very good with them so I'm excited for the start of the season.
"I've also wanted to play in the Barclays Premier League for a long time so I'm very happy to be here."
- Atletico sell Jackson Martinez to Chinese club for €42m
- How your Premier League side did in the transfer window
- Prem spending hits £1bn | Imbula joins Stoke for £18.3m
- Bayern loan Tasci | Doumbia to Newcastle | Sanogo loan
- Anderlecht sign Buttner | Perotti to Roma | Eder to Lille
- Fletcher to Marseille | Van Ginkel get PSV | Powell loan
- Fer to Swansea | Fazio rejoins Sevilla | Jones, N.E. talks?
- FC TV: Not sure Teixeira's worth the money | Paul Pogba
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
Sunderland sporting director Lee Congerton said: "Yann is a player who is highly regarded by a number of the elite clubs across Europe, playing for his national team of France from a young age.
"The Premier League presents a fresh challenge for him, its one I know he is relishing and we are delighted to welcome him to the club."