Angel Di Maria fee agreed between PSG and Manchester United - report
Angel Di Maria looks set to have a medical with Paris Saint-Germain in the next 24 hours after Manchester United agreed to sell him to the French club for €63 million (£44.3m), according to Press Association Sport.
PA reported that midfielder Di Maria is due to hold talks with PSG officials in Doha on Sunday and will undergo a medical.
If all goes to plan, he could sign as soon as Monday.
United gave Di Maria permission to speak to PSG after agreeing a €63m (£44.3m) fee with the big-spending French champions.
United signed Di Maria from Real Madrid for £59.7m last summer, but after an encouraging start his form dipped drastically and he started only one of the final 10 games of last season.
ENTER NOW: ESPN FC Premier League fantasy
- Q&A: Time to select your Premier League fantasy squad
- Sign up for our game and challenge your friends
- Join the Fantasy Football Scout league
- How to play the game -- fantasy rules in full
- FAQ: All your game questions answered
- Transfers: Check out the latest Premier League moves
- Fantasy HQ: Email us with your issues
The former Real Madrid winger was left unsettled after an attempted burglary at his Cheshire home in February.
Since then, the 27-year-old and his family have been living in a Manchester city centre apartment owned by former United defender Phil Neville.
As recently as June, Di Maria said he wanted to stay at United, but it became apparent that he had his heart set on a move to the French capital in the last couple of weeks.
The Argentine was due to report for duty during the second leg of United's preseason tour of the U.S. on July 25, but failed to show.
After United's 2-0 defeat to PSG in Chicago on Thursday, Laurent Blanc said both clubs were "close" to striking a deal for the former Benfica player.
- Atletico sell Jackson Martinez to Chinese club for €42m
- How your Premier League side did in the transfer window
- Prem spending hits £1bn | Imbula joins Stoke for £18.3m
- Bayern loan Tasci | Doumbia to Newcastle | Sanogo loan
- Anderlecht sign Buttner | Perotti to Roma | Eder to Lille
- Fletcher to Marseille | Van Ginkel get PSV | Powell loan
- Fer to Swansea | Fazio rejoins Sevilla | Jones, N.E. talks?
- FC TV: Not sure Teixeira's worth the money | Paul Pogba
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
"Manchester United and PSG are two big clubs and negotiations can be difficult, but we are close to the end," the PSG coach said.
United manager Louis van Gaal said at the time that he had no idea where his star midfielder was.
"I don't know where he is," he said. "You can ask that every week but I don't answer that question."
Van Gaal is expected to move quickly to sign a replacement for Di Maria. The Dutchman is interested in Barcelona forward Pedro, who was frustrated by his lack of game time at the Camp Nou last season.