Schalke reject bid for Julian Draxler, shut door on talks with Juventus
Schalke have rejected a bid from Juventus for Julian Draxler and said they do not intend to entertain any more offers from the Italian champions.
Juventus and Draxler had already agreed on terms, leaving only the two clubs needing to agree on a fee for the Germany international to join compatriot Sami Khedira in Turin.
Juve presented that offer to Schalke on Monday, but the Gelsenkirchen club's sporting director rejected it out of hand.
"I can confirm that we received an offer late this afternoon from Juventus," Horst Heldt told SchalkeTV. "I took a look at it and then decided we would reject it and we have informed Juventus that we are not open to any further talks.
"We don't want them to contact our player either. That's the bottom line."
Draxler had a release clause in his contract valued at a reported €45 million, though that expired at the end of June.
Juventus had reportedly bid much less for the Germany international, leading to Schalke's blank refusal to negotiate further.
The 21-year-old is contracted to Schalke until 2018. It is not yet certain whether Juve will attempt to test Heldt by presenting an improved bid, or instead turn their attentions to Mario Gotze, another of their targets once the transfer of Arturo Vidal to Bayern Munich goes through.