Cordoba: Aston Villa have agreed to sign defender Jose Angel Crespo
Aston Villa have agreed a deal to sign defender Jose Angel Crespo from Cordoba, the Spanish club have announced.
Crespo, 28, began his career at Sevilla, where he was part of the squad that won the 2006 UEFA Cup, before playing for Racing Santander, Padova, Bologna and Verona.
El Córdoba CF y el Aston Villa FC han llegado a un acuerdo para traspasar a José Ángel Crespo al equipo inglés.- Córdoba CF (@cordobacfsad) July 27, 2015
Cordoba, who were relegated from the Primera Division last season, announced the former Spain under-21 international's impending move to Villa on their official Twitter account, saying: "Cordoba and Aston Villa have reached an agreement for the transfer of Jose Angel Crespo to the English team.
"The defender, after an agreement in principle between the clubs, travels to England today to undergo a medical before signing."
- Atletico sell Jackson Martinez to Chinese club for €42m
- How your Premier League side did in the transfer window
- Prem spending hits £1bn | Imbula joins Stoke for £18.3m
- Bayern loan Tasci | Doumbia to Newcastle | Sanogo loan
- Anderlecht sign Buttner | Perotti to Roma | Eder to Lille
- Fletcher to Marseille | Van Ginkel get PSV | Powell loan
- Fer to Swansea | Fazio rejoins Sevilla | Jones, N.E. talks?
- FC TV: Not sure Teixeira's worth the money | Paul Pogba
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
Villa have already brought in Micah Richards, Idrissa Gueye and Jordan Amavi this summer as they look to build on last season's escape from relegation under Tim Sherwood.