Wolfsburg sign defender Carlos Ascues from Peru's Melgar Arequipa
Wolfsburg have completed the signing of defender Carlos Ascues from Peruvian top-flight club Melgar Arequipa for an undisclosed fee.
Ascues, 23, has signed a three-year contract with the Bundesliga club and said it was a dream come true to play in the German top division.
"I am absolutely delighted and grateful to be able to play in Germany and to have the chance to prove myself in one of the strongest leagues in the world," he told Wolfsburg's official website.
- Atletico sell Jackson Martinez to Chinese club for €42m
- How your Premier League side did in the transfer window
- Prem spending hits £1bn | Imbula joins Stoke for £18.3m
- Bayern loan Tasci | Doumbia to Newcastle | Sanogo loan
- Anderlecht sign Buttner | Perotti to Roma | Eder to Lille
- Fletcher to Marseille | Van Ginkel get PSV | Powell loan
- Fer to Swansea | Fazio rejoins Sevilla | Jones, N.E. talks?
- FC TV: Not sure Teixeira's worth the money | Paul Pogba
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
"The transition from Peruvian to German football is not going to be easy, but I will do everything to settle in quickly and integrate within the team.
"I will do what I can to help Wolfsburg be as successful as they were last season."
Ascues passed a medical in Germany on Wednesday and linked up with his new teammates on Thursday.
"Carlos Ascues is a versatile player who has so far played predominantly as a defender, but he has already shown he can make his mark going forward," said Wolfsburg director of sport Klaus Allofs.
"He is a young player who has not yet reached the end of his development and now he can take the next step with us."
Coach Dieter Hecking said: "He's got the potential to make the grade in the Bundesliga in the long term."