Atletico Madrid sign Bernard Mensah and loan him to Getafe
Atletico Madrid have signed Ghana midfielder Bernard Mensah from Vitoria Guimaraes for an undisclosed fee.
Mensah, 20, has put pen to paper on a six-year contract with the Rojiblancos and has immediately been loaned out for the coming season to fellow Liga side Getafe.
A statement on Atletico's website read: "Bernard Mensah is an Atletico player after an agreement was reached with Vitoria Guimaraes for his transfer. The Ghana player has signed a six-year contract."
- Atletico sell Jackson Martinez to Chinese club for €42m
- How your Premier League side did in the transfer window
- Prem spending hits £1bn | Imbula joins Stoke for £18.3m
- Bayern loan Tasci | Doumbia to Newcastle | Sanogo loan
- Anderlecht sign Buttner | Perotti to Roma | Eder to Lille
- Fletcher to Marseille | Van Ginkel get PSV | Powell loan
- Fer to Swansea | Fazio rejoins Sevilla | Jones, N.E. talks?
- FC TV: Not sure Teixeira's worth the money | Paul Pogba
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
He scored five goals in 30 league appearances to help Guimaraes finish fifth in the Primeira Liga this past season. Nicknamed the "African Pearl," Mensah was linked with Manchester United and Valencia in recent months and had three years left on his contract with the Portuguese outfit.
Getafe also confirmed Mensah's arrival to the club. A statement from the Madrid outfit read: "Getafe CF and Club Atletico de Madrid have reached an agreement for the temporary transfer of Ghana midfielder Bernard Mensah to our club for next season."
Mensah is Getafe's seventh reinforcement since the end of the campaign. They finished 15th last season and begin the 2015-16 campaign at Espanyol on Aug. 23.