Fiorentina's Mario Gomez a target for Besiktas but no deal is agreed - agent
Mario Gomez is a target for Besiktas, but the Fiorentina striker's agent says no deal has yet been agreed with either the Turkish side or any other suitors.
Gomez, 30, is Fiorentina's highest-paid player but the former Bayern Munich forward managed just four goals in 20 league appearances last season.
Sport 1 reports Besiktas lead the race to sign Gomez, although his agent, Uli Ferber, would only confirm the Super Lig club are one of a number of interested parties.
- Atletico sell Jackson Martinez to Chinese club for €42m
- How your Premier League side did in the transfer window
- Prem spending hits £1bn | Imbula joins Stoke for £18.3m
- Bayern loan Tasci | Doumbia to Newcastle | Sanogo loan
- Anderlecht sign Buttner | Perotti to Roma | Eder to Lille
- Fletcher to Marseille | Van Ginkel get PSV | Powell loan
- Fer to Swansea | Fazio rejoins Sevilla | Jones, N.E. talks?
- FC TV: Not sure Teixeira's worth the money | Paul Pogba
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
"There are talks with several clubs and Besiktas are one of them," Ferber told Sport 1. "But there's nothing in writing yet and no agreement has been reached. Everything is still open."
Besiktas are thought to have offered €6 million for Gomez, who left Bayern for Fiorentina in 2013.
The Germany international's time in Florence has been disrupted by numerous injuries. He has scored 14 goals in 47 appearances in all competitions for the Italian club over the past two seasons.
New Fiorentina manager Paulo Sousa offered Gomez his support last week but it now looks like the ex-Stuttgart hitman will be on the move again, with Galatasaray also said to be interested.
Earlier this month, the Italian press suggested Gomez might join Liverpool in exchange for Mario Balotelli.