Atletico Madrid complete move for ex-Porto striker Jackson Martinez
Atletico Madrid have confirmed the signing of Colombian international striker Jackson Martinez.
The club announced the deal for the former Porto man on Wednesday afternoon.
- Atletico sell Jackson Martinez to Chinese club for €42m
- How your Premier League side did in the transfer window
- Prem spending hits £1bn | Imbula joins Stoke for £18.3m
- Bayern loan Tasci | Doumbia to Newcastle | Sanogo loan
- Anderlecht sign Buttner | Perotti to Roma | Eder to Lille
- Fletcher to Marseille | Van Ginkel get PSV | Powell loan
- Fer to Swansea | Fazio rejoins Sevilla | Jones, N.E. talks?
- FC TV: Not sure Teixeira's worth the money | Paul Pogba
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
The 28-year-old has agreed a four-year contract with Atletico after the Spanish club reportedly met his €35 million (£25 million) release clause.
Atletico sporting director Jose Luis Perez Caminero said on the club's website: "We are very pleased with the agreement, because Jackson Martinez is an extraordinary striker, able to rapidly solve any attacking play inside the box.
"Thanks to his size, he heads very well and interchangeably uses either foot to shoot. I am sure that he will greatly increase the potential of our team and will bring plenty to the group.
"We are delighted with his signing because he is a football player used to competing at a top level in Porto and has shone brightly in important competitions such as the Champions League."
Martinez, capped 38 times by his country, signed for Porto from Mexican club Chiapas in 2012 and has gone on to score 92 goals in 133 appearances, helping the club in the league title in 2013 and the Super Cup in 2012 and 2013. He scored 13 goals in 24 Champions League matches.
Press Association contributed to this report.