Victor Valdes not joining Antalyaspor and is happy at Man Utd, agent insists
Victor Valdes is happy at Manchester United and will not be leaving the club to join Turkish club Antalyaspor, according to his agent.
Ambitious Antalyaspor have already signed Samuel Eto'o from Samporia and were hoping to add Ronaldinho before he opted to return home to Brazil with Fluminense. At the weekend, the club's president, Gultekin Gencer, added Valdes to the names on their wanted list.
But Gines Carvajal, who represents Valdes, says there is no truth in the reports -- though other clubs in Turkey have shown an interest in the goalkeeper.
- Atletico sell Jackson Martinez to Chinese club for €42m
- How your Premier League side did in the transfer window
- Prem spending hits £1bn | Imbula joins Stoke for £18.3m
- Bayern loan Tasci | Doumbia to Newcastle | Sanogo loan
- Anderlecht sign Buttner | Perotti to Roma | Eder to Lille
- Fletcher to Marseille | Van Ginkel get PSV | Powell loan
- Fer to Swansea | Fazio rejoins Sevilla | Jones, N.E. talks?
- FC TV: Not sure Teixeira's worth the money | Paul Pogba
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
Carvajal told AS.com: "I've been contacted by a series of individuals from Turkey to negotiate a move for Victor. But I haven't spoken with the president of the Turkish club in question. I don't know him. I have no plans to talk with them again as my player has no interest in a move to Antalyaspor.
"His only wishes are to remain at Manchester United and he has another year left on his contract. We don't see any reason for him to leave the club.
"United are amongst the top two or three best teams in the world. Victor is keen to fight for a place next season and wants to help the club as much as he can."
Valdes, who has only made two appearances for United in his six-month Old Trafford career, joined United on a free transfer in January after spending two and a half months training at the club as he recovered from a cruciate knee ligament injury suffered towards the end of his Barcelona career.
His United debut came as a substitute against Arsenal in May and his only start in the 0-0 draw against Hull on the final day of the season.