Antalyaspor hope to sign Victor Valdes from Manchester United
Turkish club Antalyaspor claim they are closing in on a deal for Manchester United goalkeeper Victor Valdes.
Valdes, who has only made two appearances for United in his six-month Old Trafford career, could become the third Champions League winner to join the Turkish Super Lig newcomers.
Now they are aiming to bring in World Cup winner Valdes, who has one year left on his contract with United.
"He wants to leave Manchester United," club president Gultekin Gencer told Eurosport, in quotes translated by Turkish-football.com. "We have made an official bid. I believe it will be completed within a couple of days."
Gencer added in Milliyet: "Valdes wants to join Antalyaspor. All that remains is for us to agree the fee being demanded."
Valdes signed for United on a free transfer in January after spending two and a half months training at the club as he recovered from a cruciate knee ligament injury.
He left Barcelona in 2014 after making 535 appearances over 12 seasons, winning La Liga six times and the Champions League three times.
His United debut came as a substitute against Arsenal in May and his only start in the 0-0 draw against Hull on the final day of the season.
- Atletico sell Jackson Martinez to Chinese club for €42m
- How your Premier League side did in the transfer window
- Prem spending hits £1bn | Imbula joins Stoke for £18.3m
- Bayern loan Tasci | Doumbia to Newcastle | Sanogo loan
- Anderlecht sign Buttner | Perotti to Roma | Eder to Lille
- Fletcher to Marseille | Van Ginkel get PSV | Powell loan
- Fer to Swansea | Fazio rejoins Sevilla | Jones, N.E. talks?
- FC TV: Not sure Teixeira's worth the money | Paul Pogba
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
The 33-year-old's possible departure comes at a time when the future of United's first-choice goalkeeper David De Gea is also uncertain.
The 24-year-old is wanted by Real Madrid but United are adamant they will not sell him unless they receive a world-record fee for a goalkeeper.