Valencia sign Belgian teen Zakaria Bakkali through 2020
Valencia have reached an agreement with Belgian international Zakaria Bakkali through June 30th, 2020, the club said on Monday.
The 19-year-old winger moved on a free transfer after his contract with Eredivisie champions PSV Eindhoven expired.
"It is a big step for me to join a club with the tradition and qualities of Valencia CF, in such an attractive and competitive league," Bakkali said. "I arrive here fully motivated to work hard and to help my new teammates. I had decided a while ago that I wanted to continue my career away from Eindhoven and I had many options from which to choose. Coming to Valencia CF and La Liga is a dream come true for me."
- Atletico sell Jackson Martinez to Chinese club for €42m
- How your Premier League side did in the transfer window
- Prem spending hits £1bn | Imbula joins Stoke for £18.3m
- Bayern loan Tasci | Doumbia to Newcastle | Sanogo loan
- Anderlecht sign Buttner | Perotti to Roma | Eder to Lille
- Fletcher to Marseille | Van Ginkel get PSV | Powell loan
- Fer to Swansea | Fazio rejoins Sevilla | Jones, N.E. talks?
- FC TV: Not sure Teixeira's worth the money | Paul Pogba
- LIVE: Transfer Talk | Done deals | ENG | SPA | GER | ITA | FRA
Bakkali played in 16 matches for PSV during the 2013-14 season and scored three goals.
Valencia CF chair Lay Hoon Chan welcomed Bakkali: "This is a good signing for us, because it is not always easy to sign such a young player with so much talent and potential. He has already debuted for Belgium and played at PSV Eindhoven. We are very pleased that Zakaria has chosen to join us."
He is Valencia's second signing this offseason after they secured the transfer of promising striker Santi Mina from Celta Vigo over the weekend.
Valencia will play in the Champions League next season, starting in the final qualifying round, after finishing the Spanish league in fourth place.