Marc Bartra transfer from Barcelona ruled out by Porto
Porto will not be pursuing the signing of Barcelona defender Marc Bartra during the summer transfer window.
Reports in Portugal claimed the Portuguese giants were alongside Premier League sides Tottenham and Liverpool in the race to acquire the Spain international.
Bartra, 24, has two years left on his contract with Barca but is pondering a move away in search of more playing time.
- Moreno: Ramos would choose Barca before Man United
- Neymar out of Copa as Brazil drop appeal
- Laporta would scrap Qatar sponsorship deal
- Abidal lined up for Camp Nou return
- Tomas: Rakitic embraced his role and thrived
- Benedito: Barca won't pay €80 million for Pogba
- Spanish court to hear Neymar investor
However, Porto will not be his destination.
"I don't know Bartra but I'm sure if he is at Barca, he is a good player," Porto president Pinto da Costa said to Spanish sports newspaper El Mundo Deportivo. "However, we are not interested in him."
A youth product of Barcelona, Bartra made just 24 starts for the Catalan giants this season.