Chelsea to sign Brazil and Atletico Paranaense teenager Nathan - sources
Chelsea are set to complete the £4.5 million signing of highly rated Brazilian Nathan this week, sources have told ESPN FC.
It was reported on Tuesday night that Nathan, 19, was in London for a medical, after the Stamford Bridge club took advantage of the player's impasse with his club Atletico Paranaense.
Chelsea leveraged the situation to strike a deal with the Brazilian side, and also jump ahead of Manchester City in the pursuit of Nathan.
- Terry: Cech worth '12 to 15 points a season'
- Courtois and Cech friendly rivals
- Loftus-Cheek: Mourinho criticism correct
- Falcao will thrive at Chelsea - Colombia coach
- 50/50 Challenge: Would Falcao succeed at Chelsea?
- ESPN FC TV: Falcao a gamble worth taking - Burley
- Mourinho excited by Stamford Bridge expansion
The attacking midfielder has been monitored by a series of high-profile European clubs since starring at the 2013 Under-17 World Cup, with Nathan considered by scouts to be one of the brightest talents in the game.
Chelsea may have to wait on a work permit, however, due to an expected tightening of qualifications for players who have not yet received a senior international cap.
It is anticipated that Nathan would go on loan, although manager Jose Mourinho is said to be so impressed with the player that he plans to have him in the senior squad in the near future.