Hatem Ben Arfa voices frustration at uncertainty over Nice move
Hatem Ben Arfa says he cannot understand why he might not be allowed to complete a move to Nice, with the French Football League due to discuss the matter on Tuesday.
Ben Arfa is seeking to sign for Nice as a free agent after his Newcastle contract was cancelled earlier this month, but could be prevented by FIFA rules which state a player cannot play for more than two clubs in the same season.
WINTER TRANSFER WINDOW LATEST
- Transfers: All the deals
- Lythell: Cuadrado, Schurrle good business for Chelsea
- Watch: Premier League transfer window review
- Usher: Liverpool's quiet window puts the burden on Sturridge
- McNicholas: Arsenal's decent transfer window
- Insider: Grading Prem's 10 biggest transfers
The 27-year-old playmaker's appearance for Newcastle's under-21 team on Aug. 25, before moving on loan to Hull, was considered an official match by FIFA.
Nice are seeking to push the deal through and are hopeful the Ligue de Football Professionnel (LFP) will rule in their favour this week after receiving Ben Arfa's international transfer certificate from the English Football Association via the French Football Federation.
Until then, the former Marseille player remains in limbo and he admitted his frustration on Nice's official website.
"I do not understand why they would try to stop me from playing in France, my home, and say I should be in England or somewhere else," he said. "Why always try to create problems where there are none?
"I have only one desire -- to play again on the pitches of Ligue 1, to have fun with my teammates, and to give pleasure to the fans who have welcomed me as ever."