Adriano Galliani: AC Milan interested in Liverpool's Suso, but no deal is signed
Adriano Galliani says no deal has yet been signed with Liverpool midfielder Suso, although the Spaniard is likely to move to the Rossoneri this summer.
The player's agent said an agreement between his client and the Serie A club had been reached, and that he was set to sign a four-year contract when his current deal with the Reds expires in the summer.
WINTER TRANSFER WINDOW LATEST
- Transfers: All the deals
- Lythell: Cuadrado, Schurrle good business for Chelsea
- Watch: Premier League transfer window review
- Usher: Liverpool's quiet window puts the burden on Sturridge
- McNicholas: Arsenal's decent transfer window
- Insider: Grading Prem's 10 biggest transfers
Galliani has since contradicted that affirmation, but admits the Serie A club are interested.
"It's something which could hypothetically go through on July 1," he said at a news conference in Milan. "They are not only rumours, but there is still everything to be done.
"We have not yet drawn up any contract and there's no signature. He's a good player who's contract is expiring.
"He wants to come here and I've known him since he was part of Spain's under-19s."
The chances of Milan making a move for the 21-year-old this winter appear slim, however, with Galliani reaffirming on Wednesday that his priority is to reduce his club's playing staff.
"We've got 28 players and no trophies so right now, nothing can be expected," he added. "But the market is dynamic so you never know what will happen."