Everton

Transfer Rater: Jan Oblak to Liverpool

Football Whispers

Transfer Rater: Richarlison to Man United

Football Whispers
ESPN FC  By ESPN staff

Javier Hernandez seeking 'guarantees' over regular first-team football

On-loan Real Madrid striker Javier "Chicharito" Hernandez will seek "assurances" from his next club that he will play regularly.

Hernandez signed for Real on a season-long loan from Manchester United in the summer but he has since made one start and five substitute appearances in La Liga for Carlo Ancelotti's side.

The Mexico international struggled for first-team football at Old Trafford before his move to Spain and has stressed he needs "guarantees" for the 2015-16 campaign.

"I am fully concentrated on Real Madrid at the moment," Hernandez said in the Daily Mail.

"We have a big chance to have a really successful season -- and when you are fighting for La Liga and the Champions League it is not sensible to concentrate on anybody else.

Javier Hernandez has made just one Liga start for Real so far this season.

"I am not sure what will happen in the summer yet -- but whatever happens I need guarantees. I am 26 now -- in the summer I will be 27 -- I must be at a club where I am going to be playing regularly.

"Wherever I am playing next season -- I will make sure I have those sort of assurances."

Hernandez joined the Red Devils from Guadalajara in 2010 and has scored 37 Premier League goals from 49 starts and 53 substitute appearances.

The forward could feature for Los Blancos in Tuesday night's Copa Del Rey meeting with UD Cornella, having found the net in the first-leg 4-1 win.

Comments