Southampton's former club record signing Gaston Ramirez has joined Hull City on a season-long loan.
"I'm delighted to welcome him to the club. He is yet another quality addition as we look to build on what we achieved last season."
Summer transfer window roundup
- Premier League: Team-by-team ins and outs
- Transfer Centre: All the done deals
- Marcotti: Mind-boggling transfers
- Delaney: What did we learn on deadline day?
- Horncastle: European transfer grades
- Smith: Transfers more important than the game?
- Macintosh: We worship goals, not balance sheets
Ramirez, 24, cost 12 million pounds when Southampton signed him from Bologna in 2012, but started only 23 league games in two seasons at St Mary's.
He will be united with his Uruguay team-mate Hernandez, who cost a club-record fee of 9.5 million pounds when he joined from Palermo.
Ramirez's arrival takes Hull's total number of summer signings to eight, with centre-backs Michael Dawson and Harry Maguire, left-back Andrew Robertson, midfielder Jake Livermore and wingers Robert Snodgrass and Thomas Ince the others.
Southampton have allowed their last two record signings to leave on loan, with striker Pablo Osvaldo being borrowed by Inter Milan.
They have also received 93 million pounds this summer by selling Luke Shaw to Manchester United, Calum Chambers to Arsenal and Dejan Lovren, Adam Lallana and Rickie Lambert to Liverpool.