Queens Park Rangers are increasingly optimistic that they will be able to seal a deal for Tottenham midfielder Sandro, sources have told ESPN FC.
QPR boss Harry Redknapp signed the Brazilian midfielder during his days as Spurs manager, and it looks likely that the pair will be reunited at Loftus Road.
Summer transfer window roundup
- Premier League: Team-by-team ins and outs
- Transfer Centre: All the done deals
- Marcotti: Mind-boggling transfers
- Delaney: What did we learn on deadline day?
- Horncastle: European transfer grades
- Smith: Transfers more important than the game?
- Macintosh: We worship goals, not balance sheets
Sandro appears to be out of favour at Tottenham, whose squad was already heavy on midfielders before they added Benjamin Stambouli from Montpellier ahead of the deadline.
Meanwhile, Liverpool have agreed to sell striker Fabio Borini to QPR for an initial fee of 10 million pounds.
The Italy international, who has made clear all summer that he wants to stay at Anfield, must now decide whether to move to increase his chances of first-team football.
Sources have told ESPN FC that the fee for Borini could rise to more than 12 million pounds with add-ons, but the deal will only be completed if the 23-year-old agrees to the move.