Modou Barrow joins Swansea from Ostersunds FK
Swansea have completed the signing of striker Modou Barrow from Ostersunds FK for an undisclosed fee.
Barrow, 21, arrives from the Swedish club on a performance-related contract and will now link up with the Swans' under-21 squad.
The Gambian, who scored 10 goals in 19 appearances for Ostersunds last season, will hope to progress to Garry Monk's senior squad after settling in at the Liberty Stadium.
"I'm delighted to be here,'' Barrow told Swansea's official website. "I now can't wait to get going and improve each day in training and try to score some goals.
"I like the way Swansea play football, it reminds me of how I used to play back home. I've watched a lot of their games on TV and I was impressed with what I saw.
Summer transfer window roundup
- Premier League: Team-by-team ins and outs
- Transfer Centre: All the done deals
- Marcotti: Mind-boggling transfers
- Delaney: What did we learn on deadline day?
- Horncastle: European transfer grades
- Smith: Transfers more important than the game?
- Macintosh: We worship goals, not balance sheets
"They like to give young players a chance and hopefully I can progress here.''
Barrow becomes the third Swansea under-21 squad recruit in a week following the signings of striker James Demetriou from Nottingham Forest and midfielder Giancarlo Gallifuoco, who was previously at Tottenham.