Everton

Transfer Rater: Jan Oblak to Liverpool

Football Whispers

Transfer Rater: Richarlison to Man United

Football Whispers
 By PA Sport

Burnley snap up George Boyd from Hull City

Burnley have announced the deadline-day signing of forward George Boyd from Hull City.

- LIVE: Transfer Talk
- Smith: Burnley deserved more in United clash

Boyd, 28, has joined the Clarets for an undisclosed fee on a three-year contract.

The switch has been completed after Tigers boss Steve Bruce revealed on Sunday that he had allowed the Scotland international to talk to Burnley.

Wishing the player well, Bruce said: "I've been in the game a long time and if all professional footballers were like George Boyd my job would be easy.''

Boyd himself told Burnley's official website: "I'm delighted to be here, it's a big league the Premier League and it's where everyone wants to play so I can't wait to get started. As soon I heard about the interest and spoke to the gaffer [Sean Dyche] here it was a no-brainer for me.

"I think Turf Moor is an intimidating place to come for any away team, and we can use that atmosphere to make it a difficult place for teams to come. We did really well last year at Hull to stay in the league and get to an FA Cup final and I think to stay up will be the aim here too."

Boyd joined Hull on loan from Peterborough midway through the Tigers' Championship promotion campaign in 2012-13.

The move was made permanent at the end of that season and he then featured intermittently in the Premier League last term, as well as coming off the bench in the FA Cup final defeat to Arsenal.

Comments