Previous
Real Madrid
Barcelona
3
1
FT
Game Details
West Ham United
Manchester City
2
1
FT
Game Details
Liverpool
Hull City
0
0
FT
Game Details
Sunderland
Arsenal
0
2
FT
Game Details
Borussia Dortmund
Hannover 96
0
1
FT
Game Details
Sampdoria
AS Roma
0
0
FT
Game Details
Paris Saint-Germain
Bordeaux
3
0
FT
Game Details
Next

Valdes to rebuild fitness at United

Barclays Premier League 2 days ago
Read
ESPN FC  By ESPN staff
Aug 31, 2014

Chelsea confirm two-year AC Milan loan move for Fernando Torres

Fernando Torres is looking forward to his new adventure after arriving in Italy for his medical ahead of his two-year loan switch to AC Milan from Chelsea.

Chelsea have confirmed that AC Milan have completed the deal that sees Blues striker Fernando Torres join them on a two-year loan deal.

- Paul: Torres deal makes sense for Milan

The Blues and AC Milan announced the agreement of the deal, which takes the 30-year-old to the expiration of his contract in 2016, on Friday evening.

In a statement confirming that the move had been formally completed, Chelsea wished their 50 million-pound record signing well, adding: "Chelsea Football Club thanks Fernando for his service during the past four seasons and wishes him the very best for his loan in Italy."

Milan, meanwhile, tweeted a picture of the Spain international at the San Siro.

During his three-and-a-half years at Stamford Bridge since moving from Liverpool in 2011, Torres helped the Blues to the Champions League, Europa League and FA Cup.

On Saturday, he told the Milan Channel he was looking forward to getting started in Serie A.

"I'm really happy to have arrived in Milan," he said. "I can't wait to meet the fans and my new teammates. I cannot wait to start this new adventure."

Comments

Use a Facebook account to add a comment, subject to Facebook's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your Facebook name, photo & other personal information you make public on Facebook will appear with your comment, and may be used on ESPN's media platforms. Learn more.