Ajax: No United approach for Blind
Manchester United have still not approached Ajax about Daley Blind, director of football Marc Overmars said.
The versatile Netherlands international, who excelled for United manager Louis van Gaal at the World Cup, does interest the former Premier League champions.
Blind's agent, Rob Jansen, said earlier this week that the player's camp have had no contact with United and now Ajax have followed suit by stating they have not been in touch, let alone submitted a bid for the 24-year-old.
"There's some rumblings around Daley, some clubs enquired, but there is no concrete offer. And with Manchester United, there is no contact at all," former Arsenal winger Overmars told De Telegraaf.
And Ajax warned any suitors that they will not allow Blind to leave the Amsterdam ArenA on the cheap this summer and that his price will be much lower at the end of the season.
"We believe that we currently have a strong team and want Daley to stay for another year," Overmars added. "Only if the absolute price is paid is a transfer negotiable.
"Daley's management know how we feel at the moment. Next year we will have a much more lenient policy, we are willing to talk with Daley and we will settle for a reasonable price."
Blind has usually operated as a central midfielder for Ajax but also played as a left wing-back and a centre-back for Van Gaal in the World Cup as he helped Netherlands to finish third.
Van Gaal is a former Ajax manager himself and worked with both Overmars and current manager Frank de Boer during his first spell in charge in Amsterdam but, while he knows both men well, he is yet to raise the issue of Blind.
And his agent Jansen had told TalkSport: "At this moment Manchester United have not been in touch with me or Ajax about Daley and I'm not sitting here waiting for the call."
United are also interested in Juventus midfielder Arturo Vidal and have already spent 132 million pounds this summer, sealing a British record deal for Real Madrid's Angel di Maria on Tuesday.