Blackburn have told Hull they have no intention of selling striker Jordan Rhodes after rejecting two offers from the Premier League club.
The Tigers' initial bid, believed to be around eight million pounds, for Scotland international Rhodes was instantly turned down on Thursday and their follow-up enquiry has also met a dead end.
And Rovers released a statement on their official website on Saturday morning which read: "We have recently received two official bids for the services of Jordan Rhodes from Hull City FC, both have been respectfully and categorically rejected.
"The owners of Blackburn Rovers wish to reassure fans that their intention is not to sell Jordan Rhodes as they, along with the manager and board of directors, feel that he is integral to our bid to gain promotion back to the Premier League.''
The news will come as a blow to Tigers manager Steve Bruce, who said on Saturday morning that the two clubs remained in negotiations for the 24-year-old.
"I knew last night that there were conversations going on between the two clubs; that's as far as I know really so far,'' Bruce told Sky Sports News HQ. "It's something that we're trying to progress, if that's possible. It's always difficult when you're talking about other people's players but there has been a bid lodged.
"I believe the first bid was refused but I do believe the two clubs are still talking.''
However, the subsequent statement from Rovers suggests Bruce will have to search elsewhere as he looks to replace Shane Long following his sale to Southampton.