New Valencia owner Peter Lim has bought right-back Joao Cancelo from Benfica -- but the long-mooted move to bring Argentina World Cup midfielder Enzo Perez to the Mestalla has stalled.
Lim's bid to take control of the heavily-indebted La Liga club has finally been confirmed, and coach Nuno Espiritu Santo has a host of new players to choose from for the new season.
They include Rodrigo and Andre Gomes, another former Benfica pair whose rights were bought by Lim's investment company, Meriton, in January.
Cancelo's rights are widely reported to also be owned by Meriton, and Los Che sporting director Francisco Rufete told Superdeporte on Tuesday the 20-year-old has undergone a medical at Valencia.
"Joao is doing his medical and will be a Valencia player," Rufete said. "We need to sort out the loan with an option to buy. We are negotiating between the clubs, everything is on a good path and we hope that soon Cancelo will be with the squad."
The loan deal was confirmed in a club statement on Wednesday, which did not mention any third-party ownership issues.
Meanwhile, the expected 25 million euro deal to bring Perez, 28, to Valencia from Benfica was still unresolved, Rufete said.
"I believe Enzo's situation is that, a while ago, an agreement was reached with the owner of VCF [Lim]," he said. "It seems there is a problem with his clause and the agreement which was reached, which must be resolved by Benfica with Meriton.
"We have not included any player in the operation. We hope that for the good of Valencia it is unblocked to see when we can be with him."
Rufete was speaking as midfielder Bruno Zuculini, 21, was presented to the media as his season-long loan from Manchester City was confirmed.
So far this summer, Valencia have also signed midfielder Rodrigo De Paul from Racing Avellaneda, goalkeeper Yoel from Celta Vigo, defender Shkodran Mustafi from Sampdoria and fellow defender Lucas Orban from Bordeaux.