Everton manager Roberto Martinez has denied that Chelsea have a first option on Ross Barkley after allowing Romelu Lukaku and Christian Atsu to move to Goodison Park.
Lukaku spent last season on loan at the Toffees, before going on to sign permanently for the club this summer, while Atsu was secured on a temporary deal earlier this week.
Martinez admits that Everton and Chelsea share a "good relationship," but is adamant that his side do not risk losing one of their key players as a result.
"We have a good relationship and a professional relationship and I want to believe that they [Chelsea] feel that they can trust us in sending players out on loan.
"I don't think that relationship goes any further. The chairman [Bill Kenwright] has been instrumental in forging that relationship more than anyone.
PREMIER LEAGUE PREVIEWS
As we count down to kickoff on Aug. 16, ESPN FC previews all 20 teams in this season's competition. Can Burnley, QPR and Leicester stay up? Will the new signings of Alexis Sanchez, Diego Costa and Adam Lallana help usurp Man City's crown? Will Manchester United get back on track under Louis van Gaal?
"He has developed that bridge between the two clubs and there is a possibility for both to use it in a good way, but there is no commitment in any sort of future deals."
Martinez went on to speak about Atsu's arrival at the club, and he says he is looking forward to working with the 22-year-old.
"Atsu is the kind of player that you want to see involved with the ball," he said. "I see a young man with potential who is hungry to do well. This is a really good opportunity for him.
"We want him to develop unforgettable memories. I expect a little bit of an adaptation period. I just feel that because he has been working at a Premier League club it will make it [his transition] smooth."