Mixed feelings for Alberto Moreno
Alberto Moreno says he is "super-motivated" for his impending move to Liverpool -- but will be sad to leave Sevilla.
- Kelly: Pulse quickens ahead of opener
The Spain international left-back will have a medical and discuss personal terms on Merseyside after the Reds on Tuesday agreed to buy him for an initial fee of around 12 million pounds.
Following the agreement, Moreno was withdrawn from the Sevilla squad beaten 2-0 by Real Madrid in Tuesday's Super Cup match in Cardiff.
The 22-year-old, born in Seville and a product of his home city club's academy, is looking forward to his move -- but still has mixed feelings.
He told Spanish newspaper ABC: "Liverpool are a great team and of course I'm super-motivated. I hope things go well. I am living a strange situation because I'm leaving the club of my life.
Free to play: ESPN FC Premier League fantasy
- Sign up for our new game and challenge your friends
- Fantasy Blog: Tips for picking your first squad
- How to play the game -- fantasy rules in full
- FAQ: All your game questions answered
- Transfers: Check out the latest Premier League moves
- Fantasy HQ: Email us with your issues
"I was always aware of the two teams trying to agree a deal. I never got into that but Sevilla felt that Liverpool's offer was good and I am going.
"I have many feelings together. What happened on the pitch, with the fans, will remain with me forever and I could not help but mourn [my departure] because I did not expect it.
"First came the parting with colleagues, then with the fans... all very complicated."