Newcastle monitoring Loic Remy
- Downes Jr.: Does Remy have QPR future?
The Queens Park Rangers striker spent last season on loan at Newcastle and, after the Reds decided not to go ahead with the deal, Newcastle could make their move.
"I am surprised about what's happening with Loic because I thought he was signing for Liverpool and that door was slammed shut," Pardew said. "I didn't expect that, and we certainly had no problem with Loic during his time with us, so we shall monitor it as we go along."
There had been reports that the France international's move to Anfield collapsed due to concerns over his medical, but QPR boss Harry Redknapp disputed that suggestion.
Free to play: ESPN FC Premier League fantasy
- Sign up for our new game and challenge your friends
- Fantasy Blog: Tips for picking your squad | New names
- David Silva and Romelu Lukaku in hot fantasy form
- How to play the game -- fantasy rules in full
- FAQ: All your game questions answered
- Transfers: Check out the latest Premier League moves
- Fantasy HQ: Email us with your issues
Redknapp has also said he would welcome the 27-year-old back into his squad but feared the striker -- whose release clause is reported to vary depending on the bidding club -- could exit at the end of the transfer window and leave QPR short.
"We need to know whether he's going to stay or not, because we can't be losing him on transfer deadline day or something and then not have a striker," Redknapp said. "If he's going to stay we need that commitment now and we need to get him going, get him fit and get him playing."