Mangala move 'not 100 percent' done
Eliaquim Mangala's transfer to Manchester City is still not "100 percent" done according to manager Manuel Pellegrini.
The French defender was pictured in Manchester having undergone a medical more than a fortnight ago while last week City's website accidentally released a video that seemed to show him signing for the club.
But Pellegrini, who first attempted to sign the Porto centre-back in the January transfer window, insisted Mangala's protracted move is still yet to be finalised.
"I think it's important not to talk about things that are not 100 percent, so I'll keep my opinion [to myself] about that," he said in a news conference after City beat AC Milan 5-1 in Pittsburgh on Sunday.
Mangala is expected to cost 40 million euros, the price of his release clause at Porto, and the centre-back is likely to be City's biggest summer signing.
Meanwhile, Pellegrini singled out striker Stevan Jovetic for praise after he scored twice in the thrashing of the Rossoneri.
The Montenegrin only made two league starts in an injury-hit first season in Manchester and Pellegrini told the Manchester Evening News: "Stevan had a very bad luck last year, he had a lot of injuries the whole year, so it's very difficult for a player to have an important performance when he cannot play three games in a row.
"In this year he starts the preseason -- well, he finished last as well -- playing well and I think that now he works continually every day he will demonstrate why he's here in Manchester City because I think he's a very good player."
Scott Sinclair, Jesus Navas and young striker Kelechi Ihaenacho were City's other scorers against Milan.