Kroos update on Real move this week
Toni Kroos' proposed move from Bayern Munich to Real Madrid could go ahead shortly following the midfielder's victorious end to his World Cup campaign with Germany.
The 24-year-old, who became the first player born in the former East Germany to lift the World Cup, is still under contract at the Bundesliga champions until 2015. However, he has been linked with a switch to Champions League winners Real Madrid throughout the tournament.
Germany defeat Argentina to win World Cup
- Marcotti: Total team effort at Germany's heart
- Honigstein: What's next for Germany?
- Brewin: Three points from Germany-Argentina
- Carlisle: Gotze goes from sub to legend | Grades
- Duarte: What are Brazilians laughing about?
- Five Aside: Gotze's historics secure German glory
- Macintosh: World Cup triumph validates Germany
- Jones: Argentina fall short in final
- Vickery: Argentina's future looks bleak
- Twitter reaction: Germany reigns supreme
- Galleries: World Cup final | Top moments
After Germany's World Cup final victory over Argentina in Rio de Janeiro on Sunday, the midfielder's agent Volker Struth did not go as far as confirming the transfer but did hint that things could soon start to develop.
"We will make an announcement within the next 48 hours," he said in quotes reported by the German wire dpa on Monday.
Bayern Munich media director Marcus Horwick told Sport 1 that the club is now waiting for that announcement.
"We are now waiting for an official reaction from Toni or his management," Horwick said. "We can only comment on it after that."
Earlier this month, reports in Spanish media had all but confirmed the transfer, with Real Madrid believed to be spending some 25 million euros on Kroos, who scored two goals and set up another four during Germany's run to their fourth World Cup triumph.
On Monday, German football magazine kicker reported that the announcement of the Kroos transfer is only a matter of time, and tabloid Bild reported that the midfielder could be unveiled in the Spanish capital as early as Thursday of this week.
Quotes attributed to Kroos reported by Spanish news agency EFE have been removed from this story.