Netherlands midfielder Nigel de Jong insists he has no intention of leaving AC Milan, despite the departure of Clarence Seedorf last week.
De Jong was one of the Rossoneri's regulars under Seedorf, who has been replaced by Filippo Inzaghi as Milan coach next season. It had been rumoured De Jong might follow Seedorf out of the exit door, but he has rubbished such claims categorically.
"I'm happy in Milan and I have no problems staying next season, even if the coach has changed," said the 29-year-old to reporters in Sao Paulo, as reported on the club's official website. "And since this is not the right time to talk about club matters, but only about the World Cup, all I can do is give assurances that I have not asked to leave Milan and that I feel perfectly fine there.
"Now, let me concentrate on the destiny of the Oranjes and absolutely not on transfer speculation."
De Jong missed only four Serie A games last season, two of which were due to suspension. His only two goals came in the last three games, one to decide the derby against Inter and the other to secure a 2-1 win over Sassuolo on the final day.
Now, he is looking help Netherlands build on the strong foundations they laid in beating world champions Spain 5-1 in their opening group match. "That was a fantastic game and it's going to remain in the history of Dutch football, but if we don't beat Australia, it will count for nothing," said De Jong, already focused on Wednesday's encounter in Porto Alegre. "We need to keep our concentration."