Previous
Toulouse
Lens
6:30 PM GMT
Game Details
Werder Bremen
FC Cologne
6:30 PM GMT
Game Details
Aberdeen
Motherwell
6:45 PM GMT
Game Details
Fulham
Charlton Athletic
6:45 PM GMT
Game Details
Celta Vigo
Levante
7:00 PM GMT
Game Details
Brisbane Roar
Sydney FC
0
2
FT
Game Details
Next

Source: United plan Valdes deal

Transfers 16 hours ago
Read

Valdes to rebuild fitness at United

Barclays Premier League 21 hours ago
Read
Jun 5, 2014

Luiz Gustavo 'waiting on Barcelona'

Luiz Gustavo (right) enjoyed a successful 2013-14 campaign as Wolfsburg finish fifth in the Bundesliga.

Wolfsburg midfielder Luiz Gustavo is waiting to hear from Barcelona over a potential summer transfer, according to reports in the German media.

- Transfer talk: Liverpool say yes they Can, Mueller may bolt

The Brazil international could leave Die Woelfe after only one season with the Bundesliga side following an 18 million-euro move from Bayern Munich last summer, the German football magazine kicker reports.

The holding midfielder has a deal at the Volkswagen Arena until 2018, but has a 25 million-euro release clause in his contract.

Before joining the Selecao for their World Cup preparations last week, the player told kicker that is future remains wide open.

"We have to see what will happen," Gustavo said, leaving his agent Roger Wittmann with some work to do this summer.

The paper claims that Inter Milan have contacted the agent about a potential transfer, but got a "rather negative response," and since have scrapped the idea of signing Gustavo.

According to the paper, Chelsea have also contacted the player's agent, but Gustavo is currently waiting to hear from Barcelona -- with whom he had already been linked in the past -- and who have, according to Mundo Deportivo, have spotted the Brazil international as a potential recruit.

"I don't have any fears that something will come up," Wolfsburg sporting director Klaus Allofs told kicker. "Quite the contrary, it's a good sign that we have such interesting players in our squad."

Wolfsburg secured European football for the first time since 2009 with a fifth-placed finish last season, but Allofs has rejected reports of a 28 million-euro bid for Real Madrid attacker Alvaro Morata to strengthen ahead of the Europa League campaign.

Comments

Use a Facebook account to add a comment, subject to Facebook's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your Facebook name, photo & other personal information you make public on Facebook will appear with your comment, and may be used on ESPN's media platforms. Learn more.