Ginter unsure over Dortmund deal
Germany international Matthias Ginter is uncertain whether his move to Borussia Dortmund will go through before the World Cup.
The Freiburg defender was called up to the Germany World Cup squad on Monday, and is expected to join Bundesliga runners-up Dortmund in the new season.
Bayern Munich and Schalke as well Premier League trio Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester City were rumoured to be interested in acquiring the 20-year-old's services, but Ginter has opted for Dortmund, Der Westen reported.
According to local Dortmund paper Ruhr Nachrichten, Ginter and BVB have already agreed on personal terms, but, so far, his hometown club Freiburg have blocked the transfer.
The Germany international is under contract until 2017, and knows that both clubs need to reach an agreement over the transfer fee first.
"I don't know when I will make the move to Dortmund," Ginter told Badische Zeitung on Tuesday.
According to a report in kicker on Monday, both clubs are still three million euros apart. -- Dortmund are said to have offered 10 million euros, but Freiburg, who have already lost their goalkeeper Oliver Baumann to Hoffenheim, are seeking 13 million euros.
Ginter has been playing for Freiburg since 2005, when he joined the club from SV March at the age of 11. The defender has played for Germany at youth level and debuted for the senior side in a friendly against Chile on March 5.
He has made 70 Bundesliga appearances for Freiburg and scored the first of only two Bundesliga goals so far in his first match for the club against FC Augsburg at the age of 18 years and two days. He is the youngest player to ever score a goal for the Bundesliga side.