Yaya Toure has backtracked on comments he would welcome a move to Paris Saint-Germain, telling RFI: "There's nothing planned."
The Manchester City midfielder, 31, caused a stir when he told France Football earlier this week he would be honoured to play for PSG.
However, in an interview with RFI, the former Monaco and Olympiakos man refuted suggestions a move to the Parc des Princes was likely, and blamed the media for twisting his words.
"I want to take advantage of this opportunity to put things into context. It's very important. I simply said that it was nice to be a player who is quite coveted, and it was an honour to play for PSG," the Ivory Coast international, who is under contract at City until 2017, explained.
"The media took what I said out of context. For the moment, there's nothing planned. Too many things have been said, that annoyed me."
Following a punishing but title-winning Premier League campaign, Toure is currently undergoing treatment on a minor left thigh strain in Qatar before teaming up with the Ivory Coast World Cup squad in the USA on May 29.
"My objective is the World Cup, because the country expects," Toure said. "Everything went well with the doctors. They did some great work. It's difficult with that kind of injury, but I am going to be quickly back out on the pitch."