Spain coach Vicente Del Bosque has indicated that there are major doubts over Diego Costa's participation in the World Cup, but said Fernando Torres was well placed to make the final squad.
Brazil-born striker Costa had seemed certain to be named, but his recent hamstring problems continued when he was substituted after only eight minutes of Saturday's 4-1 Champions League final defeat to Real Madrid.
He had been taken off injured in the 1-1 draw at Barcelona that clinched the La Liga title but was named in Diego Simeone's starting XI for the Champions League clash after receiving treatment in Belgrade.
On Monday, Dr. Pedro Guillen of the Madrid general hospital CEMTRO clinic told COPE radio that Costa had been in for tests on Monday and was still suffering from the hamstring tear which Atletico's doctors had confirmed last week.
"Diego Costa is still injured, he has a micro-tear in a hamstring," Guillen said. "He needs at least two weeks of rest."
Del Bosque did not name any Atletico or Madrid players in his 19-man squad for Friday's warm-up friendly against Bolivia in Seville, but stressed to AS that he did not plan to include any players who were less than 100 percent fit in the final squad.
"We would like it if, on the second [of June] everyone is ready to train," he said. "We cannot bring players who are lacking fitness. The World Cup begins on the first day and we want all the players to be in good condition, so that they can play the game against Holland on June 13."
Torres is on the list for the Bolivia game, but Juventus' Fernando Llorente and Manchester City's Alvaro Negredo, both on the earlier 30-man provisional list, are not included.
"We thought about Fernando. Apart from his numbers [goals this season], we have seen him feeling good," Del Bosque said. "He has always done well for us. [But] Negredo and Llorente are not eliminated from the list of 23."
Torres said: ''It's been a year since I played for Spain, but I thought I maybe I could make it when he started reading the list. Now I've got a better chance of going to Brazil.''
Del Bosque also included Barcelona winger Gerard Deulofeu, who impressed on loan last season at Everton, while leaving out Manchester City winger Jesus Navas, who has not played since picking up an ankle ligament injury in the 3-2 defeat at Liverpool in April.
He suggested that Real Madrid right-back Dani Carvajal could travel to Brazil given that Atletico's Juanfran Torres is also struggling with an injury picked up in the Champions League final, but that injury concerns over Barcelona''s Jordi Alba and Xavi Hernandez and Napoli's Raul Albiol appeared to have eased.
"We are in contact with all the players," he said. "Apart from Juanfran and Diego Costa, in principle there are no more changes. Jordi Alba, [Raul] Albiol, Xavi... it seems they feel fine. There is nobody discarded yet, just Thiago. Navas is still in his recovery process."