Thomas Ince is edging closer to a move to Inter Milan after arriving in the Italian city for negotiations with the Serie A club.
Accompanied by his father Paul, who spent two seasons with the Nerazzurri and became a firm fan favourite, the England under-21 international landed at the city's Linate airport on Sunday ahead of talks with Inter that could see him become their second confirmed summer signing after Nemanja Vidic.
"It would be an extraordinary adventure to be able to be part of this club," the 22-year-old told newspapers including La Gazzetta dello Sport. "When I was small -- I was just five -- I experienced the atmosphere of the San Siro because my dad was playing here. It's a dream. I've spoken many times with [Inter president Erick] Thohir and he wants to build a strong Inter, competitive both in Italy and in Europe."
Ince will be out of contract at Blackpool this summer but the Championship side would still be due compensation -- reportedly around 300,000 pounds -- if the move goes ahead due to his age.
The winger had already spoken positively about the prospect of a move to Inter and his father -- who was sacked as Blackpool boss in January -- has given the switch his approval.
Speaking at Linate airport, Paul Ince said: "It's incredible to come back to Italy with this club, with the fans who have welcomed me here at the airport. I've remained in contact with [former president Massimo] Moratti over the years and we've always exchanged greetings. I have a strong bond with Inter and I hope my son can now be part of that."
Paul Ince played a total of 54 Serie A matches for the Nerazzurri over two seasons after joining from Manchester United. He then moved back to the Premier League, joining Liverpool in 1997.