MANCHESTER -- Manchester City remain relaxed about UEFA’s financial fair play investigations and are still confident they have not breached the rules.
UEFA’s Club Financial Control Body's (CFCB) investigatory chamber is to meet on Tuesday and Wednesday to consider the cases of 76 clubs, including City.
The CFCB’s decisions are set to be announced in early May and the 2012 Premier League champions could face a range of punishments, including being banned from European competition, if they are deemed to have overspent.
But sources at the Etihad Stadium told ESPN FC they believe their financial figures stand up to scrutiny.
City made a loss of 51.6 million pounds last year and 97.9 million pounds in 2011-12, but UEFA’s rules limit clubs to losses of 45 million euros at two years.
However, that excludes spending on facilities and other infrastructure projects, and City, who are developing a new training complex, have invested in the Etihad Campus.
Manager Manuel Pellegrini gave little away when asked about the matter at a news conference on Tuesday.
“First of all, it is important to know what UEFA will have to say and then we can have an opinion,” he said. “It is important for the club but I am not the person in charge of those kinds of things.”
Paris Saint-Germain, who have been Champions League quarterfinalists this season and last, are also among the clubs reported to be under investigation.