Everton
10:15 PM UTC Apr 24, 2018

Transfer Rater: Jan Oblak to Liverpool

Football Whispers

Transfer Rater: Richarlison to Man United

Football Whispers
By ESPN Staff

Cavani admits unrest at PSG tactics

Edinson Cavani has admitted he is unhappy at being played out of position at Paris Saint-Germain and is interested in a move to the Premier League.

• Johnson: Chelsea to test PSG credentials on big stage
• PickCenter: PSG vs. ChelseaInsider

The Uruguay striker has been played as a winger and deep-lying forward under Laurent Blanc, with Zlatan Ibrahimovic leading the line for the French champions.

And while Cavani, whose side face Chelsea in the Champions League quarterfinals, remains committed to the PSG cause, he conceded that being forced to do more defensive duties did not suit his game and had led him to consider his options.

"I have to give the best, regardless of the position. But no, it is not always easy," he told L'Equipe. "I'm good in Paris, but there are some things that I'll have to talk to the club about.

"Certain things should be done differently. Today I defend a lot, I have another idea of what my role in the team should be.

"As an attacker I am used to finishing attacks and scoring and today I must perform other tasks. No, it is not easy, it's true.

"I do not want to talk about sacrifice, because I am happy putting the effort in. But today I hold a more defensive role than before.

"I am more like a defender and it is more difficult because, when I arrived, I had other ideas."

Cavani, a Chelsea and Manchester United target in the past, would not confirm that his agent was in the UK at the start of the year, but admitted he was a fan of the English top flight.

"The Premier League? I like it," he added. "Was my my agent in London in February? I do not know, honestly."

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has admitted a liking for Cavani but only at the right price and said his club only failed to sign the Uruguayan last summer because of new financial fair play rules.

Comments