Everton are proposing a permanent memorial at Goodison Park to mark the 25th anniversary of the Hillsborough disaster, in which 96 Liverpool fans died.
The club said they had been working on plans to have a tribute ready for the anniversary on April 15.
Mark Rowan, Everton's head of media and communications, said: "Plans at this moment are in the early stages. But we have a commitment to unveil a memorial to coincide with the 25th anniversary of that tragic day."
The victims of the disaster were crushed to death on an overcrowded section of terracing when they attended an FA Cup semifinal between Liverpool and Nottingham Forest at Sheffield Wednesday's Hillsborough stadium on April 15, 1989.
Everton have consistently supported Liverpool in their attempts to help the families of the victims bring those responsible for the tragedy to account.
When an independent report published in September 2012 cleared Liverpool fans of any blame for the tragedy and highlighted a cover-up by the police and emergency services, Everton chairman Bill Kenwright arranged for a tribute to be paid at their next home game in honour of the Hillsborough victims.
In addition, Kenwright gave an address at last year's Hillsborough memorial service at Anfield, and manager Roberto Martinez will do the same this year.
Rowan added; "Evertonians and the club have always stood shoulder-to-shoulder with the families of the Hillsborough victims during their long fight for justice and we feel it is fitting that our home should have a permanent tribute to the 96."