Previous
Adelaide United
Melbourne Victory
2
2
FT
Game Details
Shandong Luneng Taishan
Liaoning Whowin
3
1
FT
Game Details
West Ham United
Brighton & Hove Albion
0
3
FT
Game Details
France
England
1
0
FT
Game Details
Schalke 04
Mainz
2
0
FT
Game Details
St Etienne
Montpellier
0
1
FT
Game Details
FC Groningen
Willem II Tilburg
0
1
FT
Game Details
Morelia
León
0
0
FT
Game Details
Atlas
Tijuana
1
0
FT
Game Details
Melbourne City FC
Wellington Phoenix FC
6:35 AM UTC
Game Details
Next

Transfer Rater: Woodburn to Barcelona

Transfers
Read

Transfer Rater: Benteke to Chelsea

Transfers
Read

Transfer Rater: Rashford to Real Madrid

Transfers
Read

Transfer Rater: Alonso to Barca, Vardy to Chelsea

Transfers
Read

Transfer Rater: Bertrand to City, Alaba to Real

Transfers
Read

Inter linked to Dzeko, Torres and Sagna

Inter Milan president Erick Thohir is targeting more signings from the Premier League this summer, after already completing a deal to sign Nemanja Vidic from Manchester United.

Fernando Torres wheels away after sealing Chelsea's 2-0 win over Hull.
Chelsea striker Fernando Torres is one of the names to be linked with Inter Milan.

• Wilson: Euro hopes dented

Edin Dzeko, Fernando Torres and Bacary Sagna are three names the Indonesian busniessman cited as potential targets in an interview with La Gazzetta dello Sport on Tuesday. Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata was mentioned as an alternative to Dzeko and Torres for a place leading the Inter attack next season.

Inter director Piero Ausilio had previously played down links to Dzeko and Sagna, but now Thohir has reignited the rumours.

"Maybe one of those three will really arrive, but they must fulfil our criteria," Thohir said. "With [Rodrigo] Palacio already over 30 and [Mauro] Icardi very young, the attacker we want has got to be aged somewhere in between."

Thohir is keen on reducing the average age of his side "to around 26.5," which is why the capture of Sagna would reduce the chances of any more experienced players arriving. "With Vidic, Palacio and possibly Sagna, there would only be room for one more player in his thirties," Thohir said. "We're not going to have more than four.

"All I can say is that we like Sagna and that, right now, it's all down to him. If we don't get him, then we'll go for somebody younger. We'll be investing a lot in midfield or attack, but we will also be reducing our wage bill considerably at the end of the season."

That will happen, regardless of whether the Nerazzurri can look forward to additional income from playing in Europe next season, although finishing inside the top five is crucial to Thohir's long-term planning.

"I will feel we have failed if we don't get back into Europe," Thohir said. "And yes, the Europa League is fine. It would be best to qualify for it next season because there are likely to be lots of top European clubs involved, and Inter need to be involved in Europe, not just from an economic point of view, but also for prestige.

"Of course I'm aiming to be in the Champions League before 2016, but I've already said this."

Comments

Use a Facebook account to add a comment, subject to Facebook's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your Facebook name, photo & other personal information you make public on Facebook will appear with your comment, and may be used on ESPN's media platforms. Learn more.