Huddersfield Town
Game Details
TSV Eintracht Braunschweig
VfL Wolfsburg
6:30 PM UTC
Leg 2Aggregate: 0 - 1
Game Details
6:45 PM UTC
Leg 2Aggregate: 0 - 1
Game Details
Al Ahli
7:00 PM UTC
Leg 2Aggregate: 1 - 1
Game Details
Japan U19
Cuba U20
3:00 PM UTC
Game Details
England U18
Angola U20
5:30 PM UTC
Game Details

Trending: Ederson to cost more than Buffon


Meunier takes to weather forecasting

The Toe Poke

Lyon yet to make 'Chicharito' bid - report


Torres wants Casillas to remain at Porto

ESPN FC  By ESPN staff

Gunners shoot down Liverpool

Arsenal booked a meeting with Everton in the FA Cup quarterfinals with a 2-1 victory over Liverpool.

Draw: City handed Wigan rematch
• FA Cup gallery Photo Gallery
FA Cup: City get revenge on Chelsea

After 16 minutes, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain put the home side in front against the run of play when he was on hand to slot home Yaya Sanago’s initial blocked effort.

Lukasz Fabianski denied Luis Suarez at the start of the second half shortly before Lukas Podolski doubled Arsenal’s lead. Following more superb work on the right by Oxlade-Chamberlain, Podolski smashed low beyond Brad Jones to put the tie firmly in their grasp.

However, Podolski soon threatened to become the villain as he brought down Suarez in the box, with referee Howard Webb thinking enough of it to award the penalty. Steven Gerrard converted to set up a grandstand finish.

Liverpool should have had another penalty when Oxlade-Chamberlain slammed into Suarez, but Webb waved away the protests.

Gerrard was lucky to survive a second booking as he brought down a flying Oxlade-Chamberlain, before Daniel Agger wasted a glorious opportunity to level when sending his late header wide of the post.

Everton had ensured their progress with a 3-1 victory over an under-strength Swansea City.

Lacina Traore, who joined on loan from Monaco in January, made the perfect start to his Everton debut as he scored after just four minutes. However, it was substitute Steven Naismith who played the pivotal role.

Jonathan de Guzman's equalised but Scotland international Naismith scored within four minutes of coming on and then won the penalty which Leighton Baines converted.

Sheffield United substitute Chris Porter struck twice in the dying seconds to claim a 3-1 win over Nottingham Forest and set up a possible Steel City derby in the quarterfinals.

Although deep in a relegation scrap in the third tier, United have been a different creature in the cup, knocking out Aston Villa and Fulham before adding Forest to the list with a remarkable comeback.

The Blades, comfortably the lowest-ranked team left in the draw, trailed to Jamie Paterson's first-half header until the 68th minute when a goalkeeping howler by Dorus De Vries allowed Conor Coady to tap into an open net.

Then Porter arrived as an 87th-minute substitute and produced some authentic cup magic as he converted a last-minute penalty before prodding home again in injury-time.

Information from the Press Association was used in this report


Use a Facebook account to add a comment, subject to Facebook's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your Facebook name, photo & other personal information you make public on Facebook will appear with your comment, and may be used on ESPN's media platforms. Learn more.