The 17-year-old who pressed charges against Robert Lewandowski after the Borussia Dortmund striker supposedly slapped him in the face has dropped the allegation and apologised to the player.
In January, the teenager claimed that Lewandowski, 25, stormed towards him “like a raging bull,” before striking him.
However, the Poland international, who is to join Bayern Munich in the summer, denied the allegation and was backed by Dortmund.
Lewandowski claimed he had been insulted by the youngster while in his car, and got out of the vehicle to ask him about his motives behind the comments.
“He has been insulted in an unacceptable manner -- we are on his side,” Dortmund CEO Aki Watzke said at the time.
Lewandowski replied by also pressing charges against the teenager.
On Tuesday, though, Dortmund police confirmed to local paper Ruhr Nachrichten that both parties had dropped their charges.
“The case is therefore settled for us,” a police spokesperson told the paper.
Ruhr Nachrichten added that the 17-year old has since apologised to Lewandowski.