Southampton manager Mauricio Pochettino says he has no intention of selling Manchester United target Luke Shaw.
United made an offer for Shaw, 18, last week -- believed to be in the region of 22.5 million pounds.
However, Pochettino’s comments suggest that the Red Devils will have to turn their attention elsewhere as they seek a long-term replacement for left-back Patrice Evra.
"Southampton has no interest in selling him [Shaw], not at this moment or in the summer," Pochettino told FourFourTwo, ahead of his side's trip to Premier League leaders Arsenal on Tuesday. "We have no intention.”
Shaw has been linked with a move to Chelsea in recent weeks, as well as with United.
The Red Devils, however, may choose to come back with a bigger offer for the left-back after another target, Leighton Baines, signed a new contract with Everton on Monday.
Meanwhile, Pochettino also suggested that he is planning on bringing some new faces into the club before the transfer window shuts.
"We are working on some things [incoming transfers]. We have a great group of scouts working for us,” he said.
"We are assessing the balance of the squad. Maybe we will be able to do something in the next few days.
"As the manager, I am fully focused on the tomorrow's match. We have other people to look after them [transfers]."