Fulham manager Rene Meulensteen expects Dimitar Berbatov to remain at Craven Cottage despite the forward suggesting his future could lie away from the west London club.
The former Manchester United striker has struggled for form this season, netting just four Premier League goals as the Cottagers languish in 17th place in the table, but Meulensteen sees no need to reinforce his forward line given his confidence in keeping the Bulgarian.
"We're not (looking for a striker) at the moment,'' he said. “We've got Darren Bent, Hugo Rodallega and Berbatov. I expect Berbatov to stay because there has been no interest so far.''
Meulensteen has been less busy than some of his counterparts, drafting in Clint Dempsey on a short-term loan from Seattle Sounders and sanctioning the departure of Bryan Ruiz until the end of the season.
He was cagey when asked about his plans following Sunday's 1-1 FA Cup fourth-round draw at Sheffield United, but hinted that business may be easier to do at the 11th hour.
"We will wait and see,'' he said. "People always say the transfer market is a month but it's not a month, it's a week and then 24 hours. That's what it comes down to.''
Meulensteen also insisted that Cottagers must shore up their defence in order to climb the Premier League table, starting with a trip to Swansea on Tuesday night.
“We need to steady the ship defensively, we need to tighten it up and the fact that Brede (Hangeland) has come back has been a big boost for us and Dan Burn has been doing tremendously well,'' the Dutchman added. “We still need to get more clean sheets. That has not changed.
“We know [Swansea] is a massively important game for us. If we could pick up three points it would be very, very big for us.
“Over the years I have had a lot of respect for Swansea, for the way they have established themselves in the Premier League after coming up through the leagues."