Schalke: No offers for Julian Draxler
Schalke are yet to receive an official offer for reported Arsenal target Julian Draxler, the club's sporting director Horst Heldt has revealed.
Draxler has been linked with a move to the Gunners during the January transfer window, amid reports that Arsene Wenger is eager to bolster his bid for the Premier League title.
The 20-year-old has a 45.5 million euro buy-out clause in his current contract, which he signed last May to commit him to the Gelsenkirchen club until 2018. However, the clause can only be triggered in the summer.
The Daily Mail reports that Wenger hopes to add another Germany international to his squad, and turn the versatile attacker into a new Robin van Persie.
Speaking to Sky Sports News in Germany on Wednesday, Heldt did not give away if the Royal Blues are willing to sell their midfield star midway through the season, but confirmed that he was yet to receive a bid.
"There are no offers from not a single club," Heldt told Sky.
Late last week, Heldt admitted that the club would be powerless to stop their exciting youth product leaving at the end of the season.
"We still hope that Julian stays, but there are elements we can't influence," he said.
Draxler is under contract for another four-and-a-half years, and has established himself as a key figure at Schalke. He has already made 89 Bundesliga appearances and won 10 caps for Germany, for whom he is expected to feature at the World Cup in Brazil.
Schalke have already reinforced their squad for 2014-15 with the signing of Germany international Sidney Sam from Bayer Leverkusen, and have also strongly been linked with re-signing Lewis Holtby, who is struggling for game time at Tottenham.