Maxime Gonalons has admitted he will hold talks with Lyon over a potential move to Napoli this week.
Gonalons, 24, has been strongly linked to the Serie A club since last summer and Italian media claim a fee of 13 million euros has already been agreed between the two clubs.
The France midfielder, who reports claim will sign a four-and-a-half year contract in Naples, told OLTV he was mulling over the move, and that he would sit down with club president Jean-Michel Aulas and coach Remi Garde to discuss his future in the coming days.
"Everyone knows Napoli are interested in me. A lot of things have been said, some of them are true, but others are false, so you have to be careful. But yes, there will be talks this week with the president and the coach so the best solution can be found. After that, we'll see what happens.
"When big European clubs, like Napoli, are following you and want you, of course you ask yourself questions. I cannot say more, the three parties have to be convinced. There will be discussions, that's normal."
Gonalons featured in Lyon's 6-1 Coupe de France triumph over amateur side La Suze-sur-Sarthe on Sunday, and the club have previously been unflinching in their determination to hold onto a player who has come through the club's youth academy to captain the first team.
"Maxime won't leave during this transfer window," Garde stated after Sunday's win. "He's with us. The second half of the season will be important and I'm counting on him, and the club is counting on him. Maxime won't leave during this transfer window, it's as simple as that."