Previous
Senegal U20
Colombia U20
7:00 AM GMT
Game Details
Serbia U20
Mali U20
7:00 AM GMT
Game Details
Peru
Mexico
ESPNNEWS, ESPN3 1:00 AM GMT Jun 4, 2015
Game Details
DC United
Chicago Fire
11:00 PM GMT
Game Details
Philadelphia Union
Columbus Crew
11:00 PM GMT
Game Details
Montreal Impact
Vancouver Whitecaps
12:00 AM GMT Jun 4, 2015
Game Details
Nigeria U20
North Korea U20
4:00 AM GMT Jun 4, 2015
Game Details
Honduras U20
Fiji U20
4:00 AM GMT Jun 4, 2015
Game Details
Next

Mourinho: Costa is happy

Chelsea
Read

Liverpool plot Sterling swap

Liverpool
Read

Richards to take pay cut

Transfers
Read

Alonso 'only considering foreign offers'

Xabi Alonso is set to leave Real Madrid in favour of a move abroad when his contract expires at the end of the season, according to reports in Spain.

Xabi Alonso was again a key figure for Real Madrid as they defeated Valencia on Sunday.
Xabi Alonso was again a key figure for Real Madrid as they defeated Valencia on Sunday.

Alonso was again a key presence as Madrid overcame some rocky moments to claim a 3-2 Primera Division win at Valencia on Sunday, and he played the full 90 minutes despite the club confirming he suffered a perforated left eardrum in an aerial challenge with Jeremy Mathieu early in the second half.

The injury is not expected to hinder Alonso’s prospects of playing when La Liga resumes on Jan. 6, and Blancos coach Carlo Ancelotti had said at his prematch news conference on Saturday that the Spain international remained a vital part of his plans despite a lack of progress over a contract renewal.

• Rigg: Win leaves Real in good spirits

“In the club we have no information -- they are talking and there is no news,” Ancelotti said on the AS website. “Whether he signs or not, it will not stop Xabi being a Real Madrid player until the summer of 2014, and we hope he remains one after. Until that date he is a very important player. When he is available, he is going to play.”

Ancelotti had said last week that he hoped the midfielder's popularity among the fans would convince him to stay, but reports over the weekend claimed that Alonso had already made up his mind to leave Madrid for "personal reasons," with El Confidencial claiming the 32-year-old is refusing even to take president Florentino Perez’s calls.

Meanwhile, ‘Bernabeu sources’ told AS that Madrid were not willing to pay the eight to 10 million euro annual salary being demanded by his agent, Inaki Ibanez.

Serie A giants Juventus are now thought to be Alonso’s most likely destination, while Manchester United and Manchester City are also said to have made contract offers. A reunion with former coach Jose Mourinho at Chelsea was previously thought a possibility, but that story appears to have gone cold.

Comments

Use a Facebook account to add a comment, subject to Facebook's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your Facebook name, photo & other personal information you make public on Facebook will appear with your comment, and may be used on ESPN's media platforms. Learn more.